The Museum of Ancient Seafaring will reopen on 15 May 2020 under security arrangements.
Taking into account the prescribed hygiene and protection measures for corona control, 30 people can initially visit the exhibition rooms at the same time. However, guided tours and group offers are currently not possible. Notice boards and museum staff will inform visitors about the necessary rules of conduct, such as wearing a mouth-and-nose protection, keeping a minimum distance, and how to find their way.
1 September - 30 April
Tuesday to Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. open.
1 May - 31 August
Tuesday to Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. open.
The museum is closed on Mondays.
Opening Hours during the holidays in 2020
The Museum of Ancient Navigation is open on holidays. If the holiday happens to be a monday, the museum remains closed.
- New Year (1 Jan.) closed.
- Fastnacht: the museum remains closed from Saturday through Tuesday during Fastnacht (22 till 25 February), but is open on Ash Wednesday.
- Easter: the museum remains open on Good Friday, saturday and sunday, but remains closed on Easter Monday.
- Labour Day (1 May) open.
- Gutenberg Marathon / Mother's Day (10 May) open.
- Ascention Day (21 May) open.
- Pentecost: the museum is open Whitsunday (31 May) and closed Whitmonday (1 June).
- Corpus Christi (11 June) open..
- German Unification Day: the museum remains open on 03 Oct.
- All Saints: the museum remains open on 01 Nov.
- Christmas, the museum remains closed on 24 till 25 Dec., but is open on 26 Dec.
- New Year's Eve (31 Dec.) closed.